The geometry has been created in SolidWorks and saved as a Parasolid file. Download the Parasolid file.
The following video shows you how to import the parasolid file into ANSYS AIM. It also go through suppressing certain bodies in the geometry that are not necessary in this simulation.
Summary of the above video:
- Click "Add" and click "Model Configuration"
- Click update in order for the geometry to appear on screen
- Click on "Configure Controls" – "Suppress Control"
- Highlight the body select tool, hold "CTRL" and select the two bodies to suppress - add entities
- Go back to Configuration window - click UPDATE