The video below demonstrates how to specify the materials and boundary conditions for the electronics box simulation.
Summary of above video:
- Create a thermal physics region of material copper for the chips and CPU.
- Add an inlet with velocity 57.609 in/s.
- Add an outlet with pressure 0 Pa.
- Add a solid heat generation term to the chips and CPU.
- Add an insulated boundary to the bottom of the chips and CPU.
- Add a wall.
- Change convergence criteria to 1e-3.
- This enables the solution to converge quickly and is sufficient for our tutorial. AIM uses a smaller default value to increase accuracy.