Consider the heat sink shown in gray in the image below. It is used to dissipate the heat from an LED and a thin interface layer shown in green below. The CAD file containing the LED + interface + heat sink can be downloaded here.
- LED and heat sink are made of Aluminum: k=186 W/(m C)
- For the interface: k=48 W/(m C)
- Heat generated by LED: 3.3×107 W/m3
- Ambient temperature: 40 C
- Convection coefficient for heat sink surfaces exposed to air: 12 W/(m2 C)
Find temperature and heat flux distribution in the model. Verify results by checking overall energy conservation and refining the mesh.