Consider the heat sink shown in gray in the image below. It is used to dissipate the heat from an LED and a thin interface layer shown in green below. The CAD file containing the LED + Interface + Heat sink can be downloaded here.
- LED and heat sink are made of Aluminum: k=186 W/(m C)
- For the interface: k=48 W/(m C)
- Heat generated by LED: 3.3×10^7 W/m^3
This is not a step-by-step ANSYS tutorial. Rather, it states the problem to be solved and provides some tips and guidance on solving it using ANSYS Mechanical. Go through the truss and beam tutorials before attempting this problem.
- The deformed shape of the frame
- The location in the frame that undergoes the maximum total deflection
- The maximum shear force and axial force in each span
- The bending moment at each span endpoint
<iframe width="600" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FP9_KIBVELA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>